From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject RE: Log4J Issues
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 08:42:45 GMT
Hi Jason,

Some
> of
> it was me not updating my property files, but I have found a few
issues:

> 1. On the server side, I need cactus.properties in the classpath. This
is
> necessary so that LogService can find the 'cactus.enableLogging =
true'
> property and enable the logging. The docs say this is only necessary
on
> the
> client side.

Not true. Check the doc. It says (referring to cactus.properties) :

"
First and foremost, this file is completely optional on the server side
(whereas it is mandatory on the client side). It is only used to turn on
Cactus internal logging on the server side.
"

> 2. The docs also say that default log_client.properties and
> log_server.properties files are in cactus.jar, but they are not.

That's right ... It was previously and for some reason I removed them
(still don't know if I did this on purpose !). In the end it is better
this way I think. But I'd like to know what others think. Should we put
it back in the jar file ? Anyway, I've just modified the doc.

> 3. I'm getting duplicate entries for each log line. I doubt this is a
> Cactus
> problem, anyone else seeing this? A log4j-1.2rc1 issue?

this, you solved yourself I believe.

> 4. I no longer see my EJB's log statements (I'm testing EJBs via
> ServletRedirector). I also don't see any errors (e.g., 'please
initialize
> the log4j subsystem properly') - I just don't see anything. This
worked
> fine
> before.

Same.

> If anyone has ideas, please let me know!
>
> Jason

-Vincent