From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject RE: Problem with Testing EJB with Cactus v 1.2
Date Wed, 22 May 2002 08:23:07 GMT
Hi Vishal,

Socket
> closed exception. I have put all the files in the Classpath as
specified
> in the Documentation. If I am able to do the testing, then my entire
> Organisation is going to use it for testing EJB. The Problem is that
> unlike Junit, the documentation of Cactus is less than helpfull.

A piece of advice : when you come to a mailing list and ask for help, it
is not a good idea to criticize the project ... It doesn't help to get
good answers. Especially as obviously you don't know what you're talking
about. I believe you have not yet found the Cactus documentation to say
something like this : please check the web site
http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus or the doc directory of the Cactus
distribution.

> So I have
> 3 queries:-
>
> 1) If anybody has used Cactus to test EJB, will you please mail me a
> Sample of the EJB(along with Remote and Home Interface), and also if
> possible the TEST Casese.

This plainly shows that you didn't bother to :
1/ read the documentation
2/ search the archives

Please do that and come back after if you still have questions.

> 2) Can somebody tell me how to configure the Server side? I am using
> TOMCAT version 4.0

This means you're also using an EJB container (maybe JBoss). So you'll
need :

1/ to refer to both Tomcat and your EJB container documentation on how
to configure them
2/ read the cactus documentation. Start by the "Getting started" guide.
It explains all this.

> 3) Also if somebody can point to any resources other than those
mentioned
> at the site of Cactus, which provide documentation or help or
something
> helpful

Again, you're showing your ignorance of the Cactus documentation ...
Please check the Cactus documentation and especially the Resources
section ...

> Any HELP in any form will be welcome.
>
> Please help me as I am little harried right now.

The first thing to do is help yourself by RTFM ... :-). I accept it may
not be perfect and I'll be happy to correct places that you think are
lacking clarity.

> Thanks in Advance

-Vincent