From Arathi.Bhas...@itsindia.com
Subject Re: Servlet Testing with Attributes
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2002 11:44:00 GMT

Hi

This is the code I have:

     public void beginGetMethod(ServletTestRequest theRequest) {
          theRequest.addParameter("strScreenId", "5");
          theRequest.addParameter("strMinRoleId", "1");
     }

     public void testGetMethod() throws IOException
     {

        System.out.println("Inside testGetMethod........");

        try {
             servlet.doGet(request, response);
        } catch (Exception e) {
             System.out.println(e.toString());
        }

       System.out.println("Completed testGetMethod.....");
     }

My actual Servlet being tested uses request.getParameter() method to
retrieve the values of strScreenId, strMinRoleId.

Will this not work???

Thanks & Regards
Arathi

                    laurent.duperv

                    al@masq.ca           To:     cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org

                                         cc:

                    04/16/02 05:15       Subject:     Re: Servlet Testing with Attributes

                    PM

                    Please respond

                    to "Cactus

                    Users List"

On 16 Apr, Arathi.Bhaskar@itsindia.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a test servlet , which does the following:
>
> 1. In the setup method, i am instantiating the actual servlet to be
tested.
> 2. In the test method, i am calling the servlet's doGet method, which is
> be tested. doGet method in the actual servlet accepts two parameters as
> part of the Query String. (thru getAttribute).
>
> My question is, how can I set this in my test method before calling the
> doGet method.

I think this is the correct way:

public void beginDoGet(WebRequest theRequest) {
        theRequest.setURL("localhost:8080", "/servletcontext",
        "/YourTestServlet", null, "param1=foo,param2=bar");
}

Laurent Duperval <mailto:laurent.duperval@masq.ca>

People have one thing in common--they are all different.

For additional commands, e-mail: <
mailto:cactus-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>

-----------------------Disclaimer------------------------

The views of the author may not necessarily reflect those
of the Company. All liability is excluded to the extent
permitted by law for any claims arising as a result of the
use of this medium to transmit information by or to
IT Solutions (India) Pvt. Ltd.

We have taken precautions to minimize the risk of
transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to
carry out your own virus checks on any attachment to
this message.  We cannot accept liability for any loss or
damage caused by software viruses.