From SDar...@uniquecomputing.com
Subject RE: Cactus compatibility
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2002 09:30:40 GMT

Hey Vincent, thanks man, thanks for the information. Later in the day, I
was trying out these samples given with Cactus distribution on Tomcat
4.0.3. I mentioned servlet details in web.xml before starting the engine,
but i saw that the engine was not loading this servlet at startup.  could
not figure out the reason!!

The code below is what i mentioned in web.xml between <webapp> tags.

   <servlet>
   <servlet-name>ServletRedirector</servlet-name>
   <servlet-class>org.apache.commons.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector
   </servlet-class>
   <load-on-startup>3</load-on-startup>
   </servlet>

   <servlet-mapping>
   <servlet-name>ServletRedirector</servlet-name>
   <url-pattern>/ServletRedirector</url-pattern>
   </servlet-mapping>

The cactus.jar is placed in the CLASSPATH and is accessible. what could be
the possible problem here.

Regards / Sanjay

                    "Vincent

                    Massol"              To:     "'Cactus Users List'"

                    <vmassol@octo        <cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                    .com>                cc:

                                         Subject:     RE: Cactus compatibility

                    04/05/2002

                    01:26 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    "Cactus Users

                    List"

Sanjay,

Cactus is supposed to run on all servlet engines (WL, WAS, Tomcat,
Resin, etc). That said, Cactus has been tested only on some of them
(obviously). Cactus is also offering pre-configured Ant scripts for
automating cactus tests on some servlet containers. These scripts can be
found in samples/build dir of the cactus distribution.

Cactus has been officially tested by the cactus team on Tomcat 3.2, 3.3,
4.x, Resin 1.2, 2.x, WebLogic 5.1, 6.1, Enhydra 3.1, Orion 1.4, 1.5.

In addition, several users have tested it on other configurations : WAS
4.x, JBoss w/ Tomcat, Jo!, etc

One of our potential todo is to prepare a compatibility page on the web
site under which we will print with what Application Servers it has been
tested with and what problems were encountered if any.

Thanks
-Vincent

For additional commands, e-mail: <
mailto:cactus-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>