From JP_Me...@apex.soft.net
Subject Log4j error
Date Sun, 07 Apr 2002 14:46:58 GMT

Hi,

I followed the instructions given in the "how_to_config.html" but still the
Log4j Errors persists.
[log4j:ERROR No appenders could be found for category]
[log4j:ERROR Please initialize the log4j system properly]

can somebody pls  sent me  Log4j property files from the working
environments so that I could cross check the same here.

thnks
JP..

                    "Vincent

                    Massol"              To:     "'Cactus Users List'"

                    <vmassol@octo.        <cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                    com>                 cc:

                                         Subject:     RE: Advice needed

                    05/04/2002

                    02:48 AM

                    Please respond

                    to "Cactus

                    Users List"

Hi,

You're probably using Cactus 1.2. In Cactus 1.3 this would not happen as
a root category is defined for Log4j. Anyway, have a look at
http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/howto_config.html. It should help. In 2
words, you need to add your category to the log4j configuration file.

We need to rework Cactus logging as it is a bit of a mess and should
definitely be transparent ! Sorry for that.

Thanks
-Vincent

For additional commands, e-mail: <
mailto:cactus-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>