From Arthur.Ja...@acuityfin.com
Subject RE: Trying to setup Catus (1.2) in WebSphere Studio Application Developer 4.0.
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2002 21:24:53 GMT

Thanks for the help.
1. I did misspell Cactus but it is consistently misspelled. Catus is my
servlet document root.
2. When I  enter in a browser
http://localhost:8080/Catus/ServletRedirector
I get the following:
Error Message: Missing service name parameter
[ServletTestRedirector_Service] in HTTP request.
Error Code: 500
as expected per the Cactus FAQ

3.  When I pass in the browser the expected URL I don't get an error from
the server
http://localhost:8080/Catus/ServletRedirector?ServletTestRedirector_TestClass=org.apache.cactus.sample.TestSampleServlet&ServletTestRedirector_Service=CALL_TEST&ServletTestRedirector_AutomaticSession=true&ServletTestRedirector_TestMethod=testGetMethod

I also don't get any errors in my cactus_client.log and cactus_server.log.

4. When I run my test via the JUnit TestRunner
I  see the same error my my cactus_client.log .  This tells me my client is
configured incorrectly but I have tried adding a "/" per Cactus
documentation but WebSphere Studio does not seem to like that. Any other
suggestions would be appreciated.

                      "Vincent Massol"

                      <vmassol@octo.co         To:      "'Cactus Users List'" <cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                      m>                       cc:      (bcc: Arthur Jasso/MIS/OPS/HMC)

                                               Fax to:

                      04/01/2002 02:10         Subject: RE: Trying to setup Catus (1.2) in
WebSphere Studio Application
                      PM                       Developer 4.0.

                      Please respond

                      to "Cactus Users

                      List"

Maybe a spelling mistake (It says file not found "
http://localhost:8080/Catus/ServletRedirector"). Missing a "c" ?
Although you seem to be consistently using "Catus" everywhere ... :-)

Anyway, try calling the Cactus redirector by typing "
http://localhost:8080/Catus/ServletRedirector" in a browser and see what
happens (have a look at the FAQ as it gives some help on that).

I've not personally used WSAD and do not know how you configure the
webapp context or port the servlet container is running on. Maybe you've
defined your context to be "cactus" instead of "catus" ... ? :)

Hope it helps,
-Vincent

sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnec
ti
> on.java:560)
>       at

org.apache.cactus.client.AutoReadHttpURLConnection.getInputStream(AutoRe
ad
> HttpURLConnection.java:127)
>       at

org.apache.cactus.client.AbstractHttpClient.doTest(AbstractHttpClient.ja
va
> :136)
>       at

org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestCase.runGenericTest(AbstractTestCase.java:
42
> 2)
>       at
> org.apache.cactus.ServletTestCase.runTest(ServletTestCase.java:130)
>       at
> org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestCase.runBare(AbstractTestCase.java:371)
>
> FAILURES!!!
> Tests run: 12,  Failures: 0,  Errors: 1
>
> 2. Here is the web.xml for my IDE web server:
> <!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web
Application
> 2.2//EN" "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_2.dtd">
> <web-app id="WebApp">
>       <display-name>Catus</display-name>
>       <servlet>
>             <servlet-name>SampleServlet</servlet-name>
>             <display-name>SampleServlet</display-name>
>
> <servlet-class>org.apache.cactus.sample.SampleServlet</servlet-class>
>       </servlet>
>       <servlet>
>             <servlet-name>ServletRedirector</servlet-name>
>             <display-name>ServletTestRedirector</display-name>

<servlet-class>org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector</servlet-
> class>
>       </servlet>
>       <servlet-mapping>
>             <servlet-name>SampleServlet</servlet-name>
>             <url-pattern>/SampleServlet</url-pattern>
>       </servlet-mapping>
>       <servlet-mapping>
>             <servlet-name>ServletRedirector</servlet-name>
>             <url-pattern>/ServletRedirector</url-pattern>
>       </servlet-mapping>
>
> </web-app>
>
> 3. here is the Catus properties used by the client.
> # Configuration file for Cactus.
>
> cactus.servletRedirectorURL =
> http://localhost:8080/Catus/ServletRedirector
>

> --