From "Nicholas Lesiecki" <n...@eblox.com>
Subject RE: one time setup in server...
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2002 21:04:45 GMT
You should also be able to place something in the servlet context under a
known name, or look up something out of JNDI. Either of these approaches
would allow "one time setup". For instance, my tests use the same connection
pool (fished out of JNDI) as my regular code does.

Cheers,

Nick

-----Original Message-----
From: Vincent Massol [mailto:vmassol@octo.com]
Sent: Sunday, April 14, 2002 12:14 PM
To: 'Cactus Users List'
Subject: RE: one time setup in server...

Bala,

Your question triggered some thoughts for me ... I have started writing
an email a week ago and actually started a proposal in my answer but I
found that it would not work perfectly well and thus have gone back into
research mode ... :-)

For the moment the simplest way to achieve what you want would be by
using static variables. Would that work for you ?

Thanks
-Vincent