From "Nicholas Lesiecki" <n...@eblox.com>
Subject RE: Running cactus in a separate tree from source
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 20:13:16 GMT
<<<
So I am stuck with having to intersperse the cactus tests with the code,
right? Each WebApp needs its deployment descriptor to operate properly,
right? So I will have to put the cactus code with the rest of the code, so
that the Webapp will be constructed correctly. ... I don't really see a way
around it. I wanted to keep the cactus code from being deployed with the
production code, without having to do a lot of gymnastics.

You can probably use Ant to keep them separate. Simply have adifferent
target in your build script that excludes all of your test code from a
production build of any of your WARs. You can also use Ant to remove test
stuff from your web.xml. There's an entry in the FAQ on this.

Cheers,

Nicholas Lesiecki
Principal Software Engineer
eBlox, Inc.
(520) 615-9345 x104
Check out my new book!:
Java Tools for Extreme Programming: Mastering Open Source Tools, including
Ant, JUnit, and Cactus

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/047120708X/

Check out my article on AspectJ:
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/j-aspectj/index.html