From "Sheldon Wosnick" <sheldon_wosn...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about the Cactus architectur
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2002 16:43:21 GMT
Laurent,

Thank you and perhaps I was too verbose. I understand the structure of the
runtime and the classpath. What I don't understand is why certain test
classes (the code you write, not the runtime distribution from Cactus) are
duplicated on the client and the server. I have read the classpath setup at
http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/howto_classpath.html but

"What's missing" is what test case code goes on the client side and what
test case code goes on the server-side -- not where to put it, not what jars
and configuration files.

Ok, here is what I mean. For a simple servlet redirector test case, say
TestCase1, what would be the structure on the client and on the server?

Am I missing something that this seems so obvious from a reading of the
various literature in print on using Cactus, I am led to believe that there
is an intentional duplication of some classes on both the client and the
server and I am trying to understand that.

Is it simply says there that:

Client-side Classpath:
your test classes

Server-side Classpath:
WEB-INF/classes/<your test classes>

I am trying to understand WHICH test classes go where. Not j2ee jar or
runtime jar files, only Test case code.

I believe I read a chapter on Cactus on an XP, Open Source tools book by
Wiley recently about certain test case classes being on both the clieht and
server classpaths. In my environment that translates to separate projects so
that is why I ask.

Thanks, Sheldon