From "Mader, Cary J" <cary.ma...@eds.com>
Subject no response from Struts Actions
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2002 19:07:07 GMT
I've read a message in the Cactus archives regarding the StrutsTestCase
objects, which verifies that the getText method of the WebResponse object
will return an empty string since the CactusStrutsTestCase quits once it
gets the ActionForward back from the Action class.

The processForward method of the Struts ActionServlet is protected, so it
does not appear to be possible to call it from within the actionPerform
method of CactusStrutsTestCase, once the ActionForward is returned from the
Action objects' perform method.

Is there anyway to get the actual web page response, so that I can also
parse some of the html being returned?   For that matter, I have the same
problem trying to test a Struts URL using just Cactus...the Action is
getting executed, but the WebResponse object is empty.  In this scenario,
I'm initializing the ActionServlet per some messages I've seen in the
archives, but still with no luck.

Thanks,
Cary