From "Brette, Marc" <Marc.Bre...@mkms.xerox.com>
Subject HttpSession does not exists
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2002 15:09:46 GMT
Hi,
I have just updated to Cactus 1.3 and the following code throws an exception
:

public class Testresults extends JspTestCase {
    // Setup the needed beans
    // JSPDataConstants.initializeConstants(pageContext) ;
    SessionBean sessionBean = new SessionBean() ;
    pageContext.setAttribute("sessionBean",
sessionBean,PageContext.SESSION_SCOPE) ;
  }
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: can't access SESSION_SCOPE without an
HttpSession
 at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.setAttribute(PageContextImpl.java:
244)
 at
org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractPageContextWrapper.dispatch63_setAttribute
AbstractPageContextWrapper.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.java(1k
):319)
 at
org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractPageContextWrapper.around63_setAttribute(Ab
stractPageContextWrapper.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.java(1k):
1147)
 at
org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractPageContextWrapper.setAttribute(AbstractPag
eContextWrapper.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.java(1k):316)
 at Testresults.setUp(Testresults.java:86)
 at
org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestCase.runBareServerTest(AbstractTestCase.java:4
88)
 at
org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractTestCaller.doTest(AbstractTestCaller.java:1
48)

It worked with Cactus previous version, but I remember I had to change the
jspRedirector.jsp first line to
<%@page import="org.apache.cactus.server.*" session="true" %> (the original
version states session="false")

I made this change because I had a similar exception and saw this advice on
cactus mailing list.
But now, it seems obvious that I don't correctly use Cactus.
Could you help, please ?

--Marc