From Sam Joseph <gai...@yha.att.ne.jp>
Subject Re: Problem with ServletInit and testSetAttribute in tests_tomcat _40
Date Tue, 23 Apr 2002 15:25:56 GMT
Ryan Campbell wrote:

>Vincent,
>	Mi culpa.  I had an old (Tomcat 3.2) servlet.jar in my CLASSPATH
>environment variable.  Removing this solved my problems.  Cactus 1.2 & 1.3
>run flawlessly.  I hadn't had this problem before because the Tomcat 4.0.x
>startup scripts don't include the environmental CLASSPATH in Tomcat's
>classpath.

Thanks Ryan, looks like I had the same problem. I threw out the old
classpath and I can now run a much bigger swathe of tests, although I
now have a new error

   [junit] Testcase: testStatusCode took 0.02 sec
   [junit]     Caused an ERROR
   [junit] Server returned HTTP response code: 401 for URL:
http://localhost:8180/test/ServletRedirector/
   [junit] java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 401
for URL: http://localhost:8180/test/ServletRedirector/
   [junit]     at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:562)
   [junit]     at
org.apache.cactus.client.AutoReadHttpURLConnection.getInputStream(AutoReadHttpURLConnection.java:127)
   [junit]     at
org.apache.cactus.client.AbstractHttpClient.doTest(AbstractHttpClient.java:136)
   [junit]     at
org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestCase.runGenericTest(AbstractTestCase.java:422)
   [junit]     at
org.apache.cactus.ServletTestCase.runTest(ServletTestCase.java:130)
   [junit]     at
org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestCase.runBare(AbstractTestCase.java:371)
   [junit]     at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:106)
   [junit]     at
junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
   [junit]     at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:109)
   [junit]     at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:131)
   [junit]     at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:173)
   [junit]     at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:168)
   [junit]     at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:173)
   [junit]     at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:168)
   [junit]     at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.run(JUnitTestRunner.java:231)
   [junit]     at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.main(JUnitTestRunner.java:409)
   [junit]

CHEERS> SAM