From Robert Koberg <...@koberg.com>
Subject new user - problems with latest nightly build
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2002 23:02:50 GMT
Hi,

It is taking me a while to get going with Cactus :( I am trying to get
the an example in _Java Tools for Extreme Programming_ (Writing Cactus
Tests starting on page 227).

I have been searching for answers in the archives, but have not found
anything similar. I have taken the properties posted by Vincent Massol
for  log4j-1.2beta4.jar
(http://www.mail-archive.com/cactus-user%40jakarta.apache.org/msg01536.html).
I get the following error (test case is below - hitting the servlet
alone returns the expected result):

$ java com.livestoryboard.MapperServletTest
.E
Time: 0.047
There was 1 error:
1) testDoGet(com.livestoryboard.MapperServletTest)
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: argument type mismatch
        at
java:42)
        at
sorImpl.java:28)
        at
org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestCase.callBeginMethod(AbstractTestCase.j
ava:227)
        at
org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestCase.runGenericTest(AbstractTestCase.ja
va:433)
        at
org.apache.cactus.ServletTestCase.runTest(ServletTestCase.java:133)
        at
org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestCase.runBare(AbstractTestCase.java:400)

        at
com.livestoryboard.MapperServletTest.main(MapperServletTest.java:49)

FAILURES!!!
Tests run: 1,  Failures: 0,  Errors: 1

// MapperServletTest.java
package com.livestoryboard;

import org.apache.cactus.*;
import junit.framework.*;

public class MapperServletTest extends ServletTestCase {

    private MapperServlet servlet;

    public MapperServletTest(String name) {
        super(name);
    }

    public void beginDoGet(ServletTestRequest request) {
        request.addParameter("foo", "manchu");
    }

    public void setUp() throws Exception {
        this.config.setInitParameter("ALL_CAPS", "true");
        servlet = new MapperServlet();
        servlet.init(config);
    }

    public void testDoGet() throws Exception {
        servlet.doGet(request, response);
        String value = (String)session.getAttribute("foo");
        assertEquals("request param not mapped into session", "manchu",
value);
    }

    public void tearDown() {}

    //public void testUseAllCaps() {
        //assertTrue("servlet set to use all cpas", servletUseAllCaps());
    //}

    public void endDoGet(WebResponse respons) {
        String responseString = respons.getText();
        System.out.println(responseString);
        boolean paramInResponse = responseString.indexOf("FOO=MANCHU") > -1;
        assertTrue("param not foound in response", paramInResponse);
    }

    public static TestSuite suite() {
        TestSuite suite = new TestSuite(MapperServletTest.class);
        return suite;
    }

        junit.textui.TestRunner.run(suite());
    }