From "Steven Gruverman" <sgruv...@bowdoin.edu>
Subject Re: Forte and Cactus
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2002 16:58:55 GMT
Vincent,

Thanks for your reply. After trying the easy way out - asking if anyone had
already tried this - I did go ahead and try it based on the HowTos for the other
IDEs.
I got pretty far (I think) but finally got this message when running the test
from withing Forte:
java.net.SocketException: Connection aborted by peer: JVM_recv in socket input
stream read
(stack trace omitted)

I did find mention of this on the Cactus mailing list but since I was already
well behind schedule, I had to abandon my attempt to use Cactus.
If you have any suggestions about how to get beyond this problem, I would be
interested in trying to get Cactus working with my servlet when my schedule
permits.
(And, when I get it working,  I would be happy to write up the specifics on using
Cactus with Forte if you'd like to add them to your site).

Another question: My servlet tracks state from all the sessions invoking it and
I'd like to be able to test this aspect of it. But it seems that in Cactus each
test case has a single session which in turn has a single request. I'm inferring
from one of your earlier replies on the mailing list that this relationship is by
design and that the type of test I wish to perform is not suitable for Cactus. Is
this correct or is there a way I can run a test that involves multiple sessions
(or multiple requests).

Thank you.

Steve