From laurent.duper...@masq.ca
Subject Re: Running cactus in a separate tree from source
Date Tue, 23 Apr 2002 18:53:39 GMT
On 23 Apr, To: Cactus Mailing List wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have a setup which generates a lot of war files in
>
> /tmp/foo/foo.war
> /tmp/bar/bar.war
> .
> .
> .
>
> I want to create some tests for Cactus which tests the classes in the above
> wars. I was hoping that I could put all my tests in a cactus.war file and
> run the tests correclty. Is this possible? Or do I have to have all my tests
> in the foo.war, bar.war, etc. files? Should I try to use an EAR file for my
> cactus tests?

Ok, turns out that this question is valid after all. I have a number of EJB
jars and Web apps that have been built by our build script. Each application
is deployed it its own archive. I would like to put all the cactus tests in
one archive, instead of spreading them out in each of the archives as
outlined earlier? Is this possible? Should I do that using an EAR which will
contain the war file for my cactus tests and a bunch of jar and/or ear files
which contain the classes I want to test? Or is there a better way?

Thanks,

Laurent Duperval <mailto:laurent.duperval@masq.ca>

PARKINSON'S LAW, MODIFIED
    The components you have will expand to fill the available space.