From Gopal Ram <gramanuj2...@yahoo.com>
Subject NullPointerException from actionPerform method
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2002 23:07:13 GMT
Hi,

My test case extends from CactusStrutsTestCase. When I
run the test case , it redirects to the server and
calls the actionPerform method. But before returning
back to the Client it gives me a NullPointerException
on the client side where I execute my test case.

public void testXXX() {
    addRequestParameter("Action","init");
    setRequestPathInfo("/s001.do");
    actionPerform();
    verifyForwardPath("success");
}

java.lang.NullPointerException
  at java.util.Hashtable.get(Hashtable.java:320)
  at
org.apache.tomcat.session.StandardSession.getAttribute(StandardSession.java:506)
  at
servletunit.struts.CactusStrutsTestCase.actionPerform(CactusStrutsTestCase.java:384)

Can somebody tell me why is this happening ? I guess I
have set up the cactus.properties file properly
otherwise the server will not get the request itself?

Thanks
Gopal