From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject RE: Last call before 1.3 reelase
Date Sat, 20 Apr 2002 08:47:34 GMT
Arthur,

First thank you for your feedback. See below for my comments.

I've just looked at SampleServlet and all other sample files and could
not find a reference anywhere to error.jsp. The only jsp that is used
for testing forward is test.jsp and it is already included in the
distribution.

> 2. In the documentation please mention the order each test is
performed
> within the TestCase.
> I found that no matter what you called the test methods they go in
order
> of
> bottom to top.  For example:
> the DoPost tests will be preformed before the DoGet Tests.
> SampleServletTest
> ----------------------------
> ________________
> beginDoGet()
> testDoGet()
> endDoGet()
> beginDoPost()
> testDoPost()
> endDoPost()

There are 2 things here :

1/ The order is not guaranteed. It is the order returned by the JVM when
calling getMethods(). I don't think the JVM guarantees an order.

2/ However, even if it did, it is important that unit tests are
independent of each other and you should not rely on any order. See
JUnit resources and FAQ for lengthy discussions on this item. Cactus is
simply following this sound rule.

Thanks
-Vincent