From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject RE: regarding configuring cactus web xml(urgent please)
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2002 07:44:19 GMT

Well, if you want to perform tests using Cactus you need to use option B
as it contains the declaration and mapping for the Cactus redirector
(please see http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/howto_config.html).

>     2.    we have configured the web.xml in
> tomcat/webapps/sample/conf/test
> as per information provided in the site and
>             continued and are trying to compile the file
TestSampleServlet
> that is in tomcat/webapps/sample/web-inf/classes
>             and we are getting the following errors

C:\Tomcat\webapps\sample\WEB-INF\classes\TestSampleServlet.java:65:
> package org.apache.cactus does not exist
> import org.apache.cactus.*;
> ^

[snip]

> we are facung these problems can you please help us regarding this
problem

Well, this is a pure java issue, nothing to do with Cactus. I guess you
have simply forgotten to put the cactus jar in your classpath for
compilation. Please check the provided Ant script for a better way of
building a project.

Thanks
-Vincent