From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject RE: Forte and Cactus
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2002 20:27:27 GMT
Hi Steven,

Hum. The only case when I have seen this error was when using Tomcat
3.3.x. It was a very tricky issue that seem to appears on windows on
fast processor machines. It seems to be solved in later releases of
tomcat so I think you should update your version of Tomcat (in Forte) to
the latest 3.3 one. There is another way around that has been added by
Larry from Tomcat dev team but it is a bit complex so I think you should
first give it a try with the latest Tomcat version.

> (And, when I get it working,  I would be happy to write up the
specifics
> on using
> Cactus with Forte if you'd like to add them to your site).

Cool. Of course, we will post it to the web site ! :-)

> Another question: My servlet tracks state from all the sessions
invoking
> it and
> I'd like to be able to test this aspect of it. But it seems that in
Cactus
> each
> test case has a single session which in turn has a single request. I'm
> inferring
> from one of your earlier replies on the mailing list that this
> relationship is by
> design and that the type of test I wish to perform is not suitable for
> Cactus. Is
> this correct or is there a way I can run a test that involves multiple
> sessions
> (or multiple requests).

That's right. Cactus is about unit testing and thus one request, one
response. That said, some have asked to be able to test a full
conversation that includes several HTTP request/responses but it is not
something implemented yet.

Now, WRT your case, you can probably test it with Cactus. Are you
storing Session Ids and then comparing incoming sessions with stored
ones and then doing something if it matches ?

If so, what you can do is send a jessionid cookie in beginXXX() and then
store the id in your server side object that holds it (ServletContex,
etc) and then call your method to test, etc.

> Thank you.
>
> Steve

Thanks
-Vincent

> Vincent Massol wrote:
>
> > Steven,
> >
> > Have a look a the IDE howto on the Cactus web site. It explains the
> > process for JBuilder and others, but it the same for Forte or any
other
> > IDE.
> >
> > Thanks
> > -Vincent