From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject RE: Trying to setup Catus (1.2) in WebSphere Studio Application Developer 4.0.
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2002 21:36:14 GMT
Arthur,

I know what your problem is (see below) :-)

Application
> Developer 4.0.
>

> Thanks for the help.
> 1. I did misspell Cactus but it is consistently misspelled. Catus is
my
> servlet document root.

:-)

> 2. When I  enter in a browser
> http://localhost:8080/Catus/ServletRedirector
> I get the following:
> Error Message: Missing service name parameter
> [ServletTestRedirector_Service] in HTTP request.
> Error Code: 500
> as expected per the Cactus FAQ

good

> 3.  When I pass in the browser the expected URL I don't get an error
from
> the server

http://localhost:8080/Catus/ServletRedirector?ServletTestRedirector_Test
Cl

ass=org.apache.cactus.sample.TestSampleServlet&ServletTestRedirector_Ser
vi

ce=CALL_TEST&ServletTestRedirector_AutomaticSession=true&ServletTestRedi
re
> ctor_TestMethod=testGetMethod
>
> I also don't get any errors in my cactus_client.log and
cactus_server.log.

even better. This means your server side is correctly configured.

> 4. When I run my test via the JUnit TestRunner
> I  see the same error my my cactus_client.log .  This tells me my
client
> is
> configured incorrectly but I have tried adding a "/" per Cactus
> documentation but WebSphere Studio does not seem to like that. Any
other
> suggestions would be appreciated.

What error do you see ? Can you send it ? Is it the one below :

"
> > E...........
> > Time: 6.14
> > There was 1 error:
> > 1) testRequestDispatcher(org.apache.cactus.sample.TestSampleServlet)
> > java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> > http://localhost:8080/Catus/ServletRedirector
"
?

It would seem only this test is failing but the other ones were ok ...
Oh I think I know. This test "testRequestDispatcher" is verifying that a
forward() is working and is forwarding to a JSP pagem as defined in
SampleServlet.java :

        RequestDispatcher rd = theConfig.getServletContext().
            getRequestDispatcher("/test/test.jsp");

And you don't have the test.jsp file in your environment ! You have
taken the source code from the sample/ directory but not everything
(make sure you also test what is in the web/ directory, namely the jsp
redirector if you're using JspTestCase and the test/test.jsp JSP).

P.S.: Don't worry WRT the trailing "/". It's a ugly hack.

-Vincent

sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnec
> ti
> > on.java:560)
> >       at

org.apache.cactus.client.AutoReadHttpURLConnection.getInputStream(AutoRe
> ad
> > HttpURLConnection.java:127)
> >       at

org.apache.cactus.client.AbstractHttpClient.doTest(AbstractHttpClient.ja
> va
> > :136)
> >       at

org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestCase.runGenericTest(AbstractTestCase.java:
> 42
> > 2)
> >       at
> > org.apache.cactus.ServletTestCase.runTest(ServletTestCase.java:130)
> >       at

org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestCase.runBare(AbstractTestCase.java:371)

> > FAILURES!!!
> > Tests run: 12,  Failures: 0,  Errors: 1
> >
> > 2. Here is the web.xml for my IDE web server:
> > <!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web
> Application
> > 2.2//EN" "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_2.dtd">
> > <web-app id="WebApp">
> >       <display-name>Catus</display-name>
> >       <servlet>
> >             <servlet-name>SampleServlet</servlet-name>
> >             <display-name>SampleServlet</display-name>

<servlet-class>org.apache.cactus.sample.SampleServlet</servlet-class>
> >       </servlet>
> >       <servlet>
> >             <servlet-name>ServletRedirector</servlet-name>
> >             <display-name>ServletTestRedirector</display-name>

<servlet-class>org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector</servlet-