From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject RE: Problem with ServletInit and testSetAttribute in tests_tomcat_40
Date Sat, 20 Apr 2002 17:35:53 GMT

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Sam Joseph [mailto:gaijin@yha.att.ne.jp]
> Sent: 20 April 2002 14:30
> To: Cactus Users List
> Cc: Vincent Massol
> Subject: Re: Problem with ServletInit and testSetAttribute in
> tests_tomcat_40
>
> Sam Joseph wrote:
>
> > Vincent Massol wrote:
> >
> >> Sam,
> >>
> >> I think you should better read both :
> >>
> >> -
E:\Dev\jakarta-cactus\documentation\dist\doc\getting_started.html,
> >> which explains how Cactus tests are packaged
> >>
> >> and
> >>
> >> - E:\Dev\jakarta-cactus\documentation\dist\doc\howto_config.html
which
> >> explains how to configure your application web.xml.
> >>
> >> :-)
> >>
> >> Then, come back here and ask your question if something was not
clear
> >> from the documentation.
> >>
> > Well I've reread the documentation for the 3rd time but still feel
no
> > wiser.
>
> After re-reading the documentation again it seems clear that there are
2
> JVMs at work here, and that I need to be careful to distinguish
> classpaths for each of them, however my fundamental problem is that
> while the documentation tells me to make sure that jars and paths are
in
> the client side classpath or server side classpath, it is not clear
how
> I set one or the other.
>
> I mean I know how to set a classpath, but last time I looked I has one
> classpath in my programming environment,i.e.
>
> export CLASSPATH="%CLASSPATH:/blah/blah/blah"
>
> will set my one and only classpath.  How can I set the clients and
> server classpaths differently?

Sam,

Yes, there are 2 JVMs : one that you start when you start the JUnit Test
Runner and one that is started when you start your server. Again, you
should read the Getting started guide
(E:\Dev\jakarta-cactus\documentation\dist\doc\getting_started.html). It
explains *in detail* how you would configure your classpaths.

However you said you were using the Samples as provided by Cactus. If it
is the case you shouldn't touch anything at all.

> CHEERS> SAM

-Vincent