From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject RE: Problem with ServletInit and testSetAttribute in tests_tomcat_40
Date Tue, 23 Apr 2002 07:20:57 GMT
Sam,

I can see only 3 solutions :

1/ Your have changed some Tomcat configuration file (where you installed
Tomcat), maybe a long time ago and it's causing this problem

or

2/ After you unzipped Jakarta-cactus-23-1.2.zip, you have changed
something other than build.properties, like web.xml found in
sample/conf/test

or

3/ Tomcat 4.0.3 does not work with Cactus 1.2 (I have never tested it
with Tomcat 4.0.x).

So here's what I propose : can you download the newest Cactus 1.3
(released last Sunday) and try with it ? Do exactly as you've done :
download the distrib + unzip + go into sample-servlet/build, create and
edit a build.properties file and type "ant test.all"

Note: The sample application build file does not work with Ant 1.4.1 (it
wasn't intentional but made it in the release). Simply comment out or
remove the line that says :

        <fail message="Missing property or property pointing to an
invalid file (check your build.properties file)"
            unless="properties.ok"/>

as it is only supported with Ant 1.5. Alternatively you can download and
use the prepackaged Ant that is available on the cactus web site.

Cheers,
-Vincent

?

> jakarta-cactus-23-1.2.zip
>
> >4/ Have you unzipped it in a directory, let's say [CACTUS] ?
> >
> yes
>
> >5/ Have you created a [CACTUS]/build/build.properties (by copying and
> >editing [CACTUS]/build/build.properties.sample ?
> >
> yes
>
> >If answer to 3/ is yes, then you have finished. The only thing to do
is
> >to open a dos prompt, cd to [CACTUS]/build and type "ant tests_all"
> >
> right, that's what I did and I got the error that I originally sent
you
> in my first email:
>
> "its almost working but I get an error during start_tomcat_40"
>
>     [java] StandardContext[/test]: Servlet /test has thrown a load()
> exception: javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet jsp'sServlet.init()
> has thrown an exception
>     [java] javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet jsp's
Servlet.init()
> has thrown asn exception
>     [java]     at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.jav
a:
> 935)
>
>     [java]     at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:808)
>     [java]     at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.j
av
> a:3266)
>
>     [java]     at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:3395
)
>     [java]     at

org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:785)
>     [java] ..........................
>
> "the tests then start and they go okay, but testSetAttribute gives an
> error"
>
> tests:
>    [junit] Running org.apache.cactus.TestAll
>    [junit] Tests run: 6, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 6.559
sec
>    [junit] Testsuite: org.apache.cactus.TestAll
>    [junit] Tests run: 6, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 6.559
sec
>    [junit]
>    [junit] Testcase: testLongProcess took 3.805 sec
>    [junit] Testcase: testLotsOfData took 2.494 sec
>    [junit] Testcase: testReadServletOutputStream took 0.15 sec
>    [junit] Testcase: testPostMethod took 0.03 sec
>    [junit] Testcase: testGetMethod took 0.03 sec
>    [junit] Testcase: testSetAttribute took 0.04 sec
>    [junit]     Caused an ERROR
>    [junit] null
>    [junit] java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
>    [junit]     at

org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.setAttribute(StandardSession
.j
> ava:1185)
>
>    [junit]     at

org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSessionFacade.setAttribute(StandardS
es
> sionFacade.java:191)
>
>    [junit]     at

org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSessionFacade.setAttribute(StandardS
es
> sionFacade.java:191)
>
>    [junit]     at

org.apache.cactus.sample.SampleServlet.setSessionVariable(SampleServlet.
ja
> va:119)
>
>    [junit]     at

org.apache.cactus.sample.TestSampleServlet.testSetAttribute(TestSampleSe
rv
> let.java:174)
>
>    [junit]     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
>    [junit]     at

org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestCase.runServerTest(AbstractTestCase.java:4
91
> )
>    [junit]     at

org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestCase.runBareServerTest(AbstractTestCase.ja
va
> :456)
>
>    [junit]     at

org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractTestCaller.doTest(AbstractTestCaller.ja
va
> :137)
>
>    [junit]     at

org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractTestController.handleRequest(AbstractTe
st
> Controller.java:122)
>
>    [junit]     at

org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.doPost(ServletTestRedirec