From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject RE: Problem with ServletInit and testSetAttribute in tests_tomcat_40
Date Sun, 21 Apr 2002 07:31:38 GMT
Sam,

Let's start again from the beginning ignoring everything we said in our
previous email. The sample application is really very simple to get
started with.

Let's start with some questions :

1/ Do you have Ant installed ? Have you downloaded the prepackaged Ant
install from the Cactus web site ?
2/ Have you downloaded Tomcat and unzipped it in a directory ? (no need
to configure anything at all) ?
3/ What have you downloaded from Cactus web site (exact name of file) ?
4/ Have you unzipped it in a directory, let's say [CACTUS] ?
5/ Have you created a [CACTUS]/build/build.properties (by copying and
editing [CACTUS]/build/build.properties.sample ?

If answer to 3/ is yes, then you have finished. The only thing to do is
to open a dos prompt, cd to [CACTUS]/build and type "ant tests_all"

Thanks
-Vincent

BTW, this is what is on
http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/howto_sample.html. This is the only
information to read if you just want to run the Sample application
without understanding how it works.

E:\Dev\jakarta-cactus\documentation\dist\doc\getting_started.html,