From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject RE: questions on runservertasks task...
Date Sat, 20 Apr 2002 10:46:45 GMT

This is normally not possible unless you've specified a wrong URL. The
runservertasks polls this URL and starts the tests when it succeeds
calling the URL. Thus it is advised to make the testURL points to a URL
within your webapp context.

> At
> times, when running only couple of tests, it even
> calls "stopTarget" before the server starts and
> therefore, build hangs.

Probably same as above.

> I also noticed that the testTarget starts during the
> stage after server loads the webapps and is starting
> to deploy the EJBs. I am not sure if this is a
> coincidence!!
>
> Is there a way to avoid this?

Yes, see above. What is the testURL you're using ?

> Another related question is if the testURL is set to a
> servlet/jsp which takes time to load, build hangs and
> keeps trying testURL. It doesnt end even stop after a
> reasonable time by which I think the servlet would
> have finished loading.
>
> I am using cactus 1.2 and Jboss2.2.2 with Tomcat
> 3.2.2.

try calling the URL from a browser and see what it says.

-Vincent

> Thanks,
> balki

> help@jakarta.apache.org>