From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject RE: "Config How To" setting doesn't work in websphere...
Date Sat, 20 Apr 2002 10:36:09 GMT
Bala,

What the Cactus site says is wrong ... At least I thought it would work
but that was a bad assumption. It has been removed for Cactus 1.3. Thus
you should have in cactus.properties :

cactus.servletRedirectorURL  =
http://localhost:8080/test/ServletRedirector

and in web.xml

<servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-name>ServletRedirector</servlet-name>
  <uri-pattern>ServletRedirector</uri-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

> Things were fine so far when I was working in JBoss.

yes, it works for some containners.

Please note that by removing the trailing slash one of the Sample test
will fail (can't remember the name but it is the one that checks for an
error code in the response).

> When trying to move to WebSphere, I start getting
> FileNotFoundException as error when I run the test.
> But I called the servlet
> (http://localhost:8080/test/ServletRedirector)
> directly from browser and saw that it was working.
>
> If you din't notice like me, I didnt put trailing "/"
> when using browser directly. I realized this after I
> took help of few more eyes. Then I tried with trailing
> "/" and I get 404 error even when using browser.
>
> Interestingly, I am not able to run tests in WebSphere
> when follow the "Config HowTo" tutorial exactly.

Yes, that's right. Do what I have indicated above.

> I am using cactus 1.2 and WebSphere 4.0.
>
> Btw, I looked at old postings on mailing list for
> similar error in WebSphere. Came across exaclty same
> symptoms but were due to completely different reason.
>
> Please email, if you understand this better.

Thanks and sorry.
-Vincent

> Thanks,
> balki