From <Andrew.Fairb...@vodafone.co.uk>
Subject Using Cactus in Visual Age 4
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2002 14:01:24 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to configure Cactus within Visual Age 4/ WebSphere Test
Environment - I have previously managed to do this, but have since had to
re-install Visual Age and unfortunately do not have clear instructions on
how to do it.

I am getting the familiar "Failed to invoke
suite():java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError" error - I have had a good look
through the archives, but still cannot solve this problem (I believe it is a
class loader issue with VAJ)

It's failing on "org.apache.log4j.helpers.OptionConverter" - all of the
imports in this class are in my workspace - I have tried putting log4j in
several classpaths, client, servlet engine, and globally with "Options,
Resources", but still no success.

Does anyone have clear instructions on how to configure Cactus in VAJ?
Is log4j mandatory in VAJ? (the "IDE How to" guide states that it is
optional)

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!! Thanks,

Andrew.