From "Pavan Aripirala Venkata" <pvenk...@h5technologies.com>
Subject RE: update from cactus 1.2 to cactus 1.3 - setMethod() removed?
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2002 17:41:58 GMT
	Thanks Vincent for the info.

Pavan.

-----Original Message-----
From: Vincent Massol [mailto:vmassol@octo.com]
Sent: Friday, March 08, 2002 8:08 PM
To: 'Cactus Users List'
Subject: RE: update from cactus 1.2 to cactus 1.3 - setMethod() removed?

Pavan,

Here are the notes found at
http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/changes.html :

- The WebRequest.setMethod() has been removed as deprecating it would
have led to potential error difficult to locate (as Cactus default
behaviour is now to pass parameter using GET, whereas before it was
passing them using POST). (VMA)
- The existing WebRequest.addParameter(name, value) is now passing the
parameter in the URL query string by default (same as calling
WebRequest.addParameter(name, value, WebRequest.GET_METHOD). (VMA)
- Added a new WebRequest.addParameter(name, value, method) where method
is either "GET" or "POST". This let you choose on a fine grain level,
which method you'd like to use to pass a given parameter. (VMA)

There is no documentation yet for Cactus 1.3 as it is not released.
However you'll be able to find some information in the changes notes and
in mailing list archives. Sorry about that, we need to improve our way
of handling documentation for the next version.

Thanks
-Vincent

removed?

http://localhost:8000/cactus/ServletRedirector?Cactus_TestMethod=testCon
> te

xtTestSequence1&Cactus_TestClass=test.CurrencyConverterEJBTestSuite.cont