From "Pavan Aripirala Venkata" <pvenk...@h5technologies.com>
Subject RE: update from cactus 1.2 to cactus 1.3 - setMethod() removed?
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2002 19:42:32 GMT
	Is the setMethod() of org.apache.cactus.WebRequest removed? I
downloaded the latest nightly build (03/08/2002) and the documentation
doesn't say that it is deprecated or removed. Was it removed for a
purpose?

Pavan.

-----Original Message-----
From: Vincent Massol [mailto:vmassol@octo.com]
Sent: Saturday, February 09, 2002 10:37 AM
To: 'Cactus Users List'
Subject: RE: update from cactus 1.2 to cactus 1.3

Florent,

It seems to me that the error is in your web.xml. It looks as if the
mapping of the ServletRedirector servlet is wrong (maybe there is a
trailing "/" in your mapping - something that was in Cactus 1.2 but has
been rightly removed in Cactus 1.3).

WRT the migration guide, yes we could provide something. It would be :

Step 1 : Put aspectjrt.jar in both your client side and server side
classpaths

Step 2 : Modify your cactus.properties to the new format

For example:
cactus.contextURL = http://localhost:8000/cactus
cactus.servletRedirectorName = ServletRedirector

Step 3 : Ensure that cactus.servletRedirectorName does not end with a
"/" and that the mapping in web.xml is :

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>ServletRedirector</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/ServletRedirector</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

Thanks for the suggestion.

... Ok let's do it ... done ... It is now available on the web site at
http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/howto_migration.html

Cheers,
-Vincent

http://localhost:8000/cactus/ServletRedirector?Cactus_TestMethod=testCon
te

xtTestSequence1&Cactus_TestClass=test.CurrencyConverterEJBTestSuite.cont
ex