From Kim Madsen <kim.mad...@inceptor.com>
Subject Re: com.meterware.httpunit.WebResponse
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2002 10:15:12 GMT
Thanks for your help, that make me realize that it was caused by me not
using the Servlet API correctly...

Was was using
        response.setHeader("Content-Type", "text/html");
where I should have been using
        response.setContentType("text/html");

I have changed that in my servlet, and it now works on the same version
of HttpUnit, where it previously failed.

However, it was probably for the best, that it was discovered, because
even when I used
        response.setHeader("Content-Type", "text/html");
the Servlet was working (returning the ContentType Header correctly)
when invoked directly (e.g. using telnet).

Cheers, Kim

Russell Gold wrote:

> At 3:35 PM +0000 3/5/02, Kim Madsen wrote:
> >I have found a problem when using
> >
> >public void endXXX(com.meterware.httpunit.WebResponse theResponse)
> >
> >in a Cactus test case.
> >
> >In my Servlet I do a
> >       response.setHeader("Content-Type", "text/html");
> >
> >When I latter check it using com.meterware.httpunit.WebResponse I get an
> >assertion error because it says the header is "text/html, text/html":
> >
> >Unexpected content type expected:<text/html> but was:<text/html,
> >text/html>
> >
> >junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Unexpected content type
> >expected:<text/html> but was:<text/html, text/html>
> >

> >However, if I use
> >public void endXXX(org.apache.cactus.WebResponse theResponse)
> >
> >in my Cactus test case, the headers is "text/html" - as expected.
> >
> >I do not know, if this is a Cactus bug or a Meterware bug.
> >Any advice?
>
> I have found and fixed a bug in HttpUnit which could possibly cause this. The scenario
occurs when a servlet returns multiple headers with the same key. Normally, this should not
be possible AFAIK, but it may be that you have found a way around it.