From chad r <chad123u...@yahoo.com>
Subject Installation Problems
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2002 06:35:45 GMT

Hi,

I am having a lot of problems installing cactus. I am using Tomcat and I don't want to use
Ant, just run my tests manually from JUnit. I am listing my questions, please answer each
one of them. Thanks in advance

1.) In Tomcat I don't find any WEB-INF/lib directory to put the commons-cactus.jar file. Should
I create a lib folder in WEB-INF and then put this jar file?

2.) Is the Web.xml file need to appeneded with what I find in the documentation, or do I need
to replace it. Also are u talking about xml file in \tomcat\webapps\examples\WEB-INF\web.xml.
I want to test only servlet programs, do I need to bother about filters and JSP part in xml
file or can I not put that in xml file

3.) The documentation says "if the webapp is called mywebapp then URL in cactus.properties
should be

http://localhost:8080/mywebapp/ServletRedirector" What do u mean by webapp actually. I want
to test my servlet, is it the webapp or do we need to create any folder called webapp? If
so where do we need to put that

4.) Do I need to write explicit setUp() and tearDown() methods in the testclass.

Please reply as soon as possible

cheers

chad