From Andreas Loew <Andreas.L...@germany.sun.com>
Subject Cactus setup problem with Weblogic 6.1: ClassCastException
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2002 21:01:59 GMT
Hello world,

we are having problems with the configuration of Cactus
(jakarta-cactus-23-1.2.zip) on Weblogic 6.1 SP2.

Our test classes extend the ServletTestCase and run tests against EJB 2.0
CMP entity beans having (only) local interfaces deployed in the Weblogic
EJB container.

(1) We have built a war file with the ejb local "client" classes & test
classes in the WEB-INF/classes subdirectory, the cactus, log4j, ... libs in
the WEB-INF/libs directory and an EJB jar file, which are both correctly
deployed.

(2) We want to start the test class from the command line, and have the
test classes as well as cactus, log4j, ... libs set up correctly in the
classpath.

What we get is the following class cast exception:

java.lang.ClassCastException: de.mobilcom.mpayment.datamanaging.ejb.contract.ContractBean_84q3mx_LocalHomeImpl
        at de.mobilcom.mpayment.test.ejb.TEST_EJBOrderTransaction.getContractManager(TEST_EJBOrderTransaction.java:87)
        at de.mobilcom.mpayment.test.AbstractTestCase_OrderTransaction.setUp(AbstractTestCase_OrderTransaction.java:42)
        at de.mobilcom.mpayment.test.ejb.TEST_EJBOrderTransaction.setUp(TEST_EJBOrderTransaction.java:48)
        at org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestCase.runBareServerTest(AbstractTestCase.java:454)
        at org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractTestCaller.doTest(AbstractTestCaller.java:137)
        at org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractTestController.handleRequest(AbstractTestController.java:122)
        at org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.doPost(ServletTestRedirector.java:134)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:265)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:200)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServletContext.java:2495)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java:2204)
        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:139)

(3) When we add all the classes and jar files from step (1) to the Weblogic
server startup classpath, all testcases are running fine, but Weblogic
generates a warning that our ejb classes are in the local classpath and
cannot be redeployed while the server is running.

What are we doing wrong? Any clues on how we can leave out (3) and still be
able to run our tests?

Thanks in advance,
regards from Germany

Andreas