From "Nicholas Lesiecki" <n...@eblox.com>
Subject RE: filter and authentication
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2002 00:44:11 GMT
not sure personally...you could check the servlet spec but it may depend on
your container.

how does this pertain to your cactus use? (Or is it a general question?)

Cheers,

nick

-----Original Message-----
From: Natalie Vilenkin [mailto:NATALIEV@amdocs.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 8:02 AM
To: 'cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: filter and authentication

Hello.

To our knowledge, a request for a servlet is followed by an authentication
done by the web server (for example Base / Form authentication etc.).
We are interested in using the filtering mechanism (javax.servlet.Filter).

Our question is: What happens before what when a request is made by a
client: Filtering and then authentication, or authentication an then
filtering

a) client -> filter -> authentication -> servlet
or
b) client -> authentication -> filter -> servlet

Thanks in advance,
Ilana and Natalie