From "Steve G" <dario_argent...@hotmail.com>
Subject Dreaded NoClassDefFoundError exception
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2002 02:05:01 GMT
I searched the archive but did not find anything that could help me. I am
using cactus 1.2 on Weblogic 6.1 SP2.

I have an ejb jar containing all my ejbs and a war containing cactus and my
test cases. Both the jar and war are packaged into an EAR file. I am trying
to use cactus to test my Entity EJBs which are using local interfaces.

In my war the test cases are in WEB-INF/classes. My WEB-INF/lib contains
cactus.jar,junit.jar,log4j-core.jar. My weblogic classpath is clean.

My ejb jar contains all my ejb classes including the local interfaces and
local home interfaces.

Everything was working fine until I did the following. I had a test method
that looked like this:
public void testROFindByPrimaryKey()
        throws Exception
    {
        CategoryLocalROHome home = (CategoryLocalROHome)
ctx.lookup("CategoryEJB.CategoryROHome");
        CategoryLocalRO cat = home.findByPrimaryKey(TEST_CAT_ID);
    }
Since I have to do the home lookup quite a few times I decided to refactor
the lookup into a private method:
private CategoryLocalROHome getLocalHome()
        throws Exception
    {
        return (CategoryLocalROHome)
ctx.lookup("CategoryEJB.CategoryROHome");
    }

Well now I get the following exception:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/me/core/category/ejb/CategoryLocalROHome

I tested the lookup inside of a jsp in the cactus war and it worked fine.

Any ideas?
thanks
Steve