From Gunnar Ole Skogen <Gunnar.Sko...@ergo.no>
Subject Context environment vars in tested servlet
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2002 07:08:34 GMT
Hi,
No big deal , but:
The servlet I am testing with Cactus has environment variables in its war's
web.xml.
These are not awailable to it when testing from Cactus.
I guess this is because the ServletRedirector runs the Servlet class to be
tested itself ?
A warning about this in the docs is probably in place ?
Possibilities to get around this:
1) Put the env vars into the war of the ServletRedirector : - complicates my
ant build with xsl transform etc....
2) Argue that a servlet should not do processing needing such : ) -> :
3) Put the env vars in a more global place : - Bad design solution when
these are only needed in one place

- Gunnar Skogen