From "Rennie, Bruce" <Bruce_Ren...@jdedwards.com>
Subject RE: More problems with Cactus 1.2 and Tomcat 4.0
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2002 14:27:00 GMT
Hi,

Here is my web.xml:

<!DOCTYPE web-app

<web-app>

  <!-- Define the Manager Servlet
       Change servlet-class to:
org.apache.catalina.servlets.HTMLManagerServlet
       to get a Servlet with a more intuitive HTML interface, don't change
if you
       have software that is expected to parse the output from
ManagerServlet
       since they're not compatible.
   -->
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>CactusServlet</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>CactusTest.CactusServlet</servlet-class>
  </servlet>

  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>ServletRedirector</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector</servlet-class

  </servlet>

  <!-- Define the Manager Servlet Mapping -->
  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>CactusServlet</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/CactusServlet</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>ServletRedirector</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/ServletRedirector</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

</web-app>

I've altered the cactus.properties to remove the trailing '/' so it now
appears as:

# Configuration file for Cactus.

# Each project using Cactus need to have such a file put in the CLASSPATH
# (Meaning the directory containgin this file should be in the CLASSPATH,
not
# the file itself of course ... :) )

# Defines the URLs that will be used by Cactus to call it's redirectors
# (Servlet and JSP). You need to specify in these URLs the webapp context
# that you use for your application. In the example below, the context is
# "test".

cactus.servletRedirectorURL = http://localhost/cactus/ServletRedirector

This latest now gives "FileNotFound" exceptions on the ServletRedirector.

I've tried to keep everything as simple as possible to get things working.
No luck. I'm to the point where I'm going to d/l Cactus 1.2 again to ensure
that I haven't got a corrupt har file. In other words, I'm out of ideas and
desparate. :)

Thanks,
/bruce