From "Weiguo Wang" <weiguo.w...@backbaytechnologies.com>
Subject RE: how to set up cactus with iplanet app server 6.0
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2002 21:43:25 GMT
Vincent ,

Thanks a lot for the answers. OK, I guess I will be the one to do that. After playing with
them for a day, I finally got them working together. As of now, I'm able to clear 44 test
cases. The following 4 failed:
testSendHeader
testReceiveCookie
testSendMultivaluedHeader
testDoStartTagInclude

The last one also threw a NullPointerException. In doStartTag() of SampleTag.java, the Enumeration
names happens to be null for the case testDoStartTagInclude. I added a null check in the while
loop just to keep it going, but I don't know the root cause yet. It might not be a bad idea
to check for null names in the while loop in the release code and simply fail the test if
that's the case.

By the way, on the server side, whenever JspRedirector is hit, the following exception is
thrown:

[22/Feb/2002 16:21:52:1] error: Exception: SERVLET-execution_failed: Error in executing servlet
JspRedirector: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Output stream in use
Exception Stack Trace:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Output stream in use
 at com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.ServletInfo.service(Unknown Source)
 at com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.ServletRunner.execute(Unknown Source)
 at com.kivasoft.applogic.AppLogic.execute(Unknown Source)
 at com.kivasoft.applogic.AppLogic.execute(Unknown Source)
 at com.kivasoft.thread.ThreadBasic.run(Native Method)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

Again, I haven't got around to look into it yet and it's not affecting the testing.

It's going to take me a while to clean up the build file for iplanet and write a readme file.
Hopefully, I can provide them soon. Meanwhile, if anyone wants to get my working copy, I don't
mind sending it to him/her or to this list.

Weiguo