From Ray Tayek <rta...@mediaone.net>
Subject RE: newbie, 1.4 fails on assertion, 1.3 says no jaxp, then no javax.servlet
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2002 20:53:48 GMT
At 08:24 PM 2/6/02 +0000, you wrote:
>Err ... Let me try to understand  ....

sorry to be so obscure.

>- What's 1.4 ? Apparently it's a version but of what ? Ant ?

jdk1.4 (has assertions).

>- What assertion call ?

any of them (first is in TestServletTestCase2.java line 135)

>- What's anthole ? (ant_home/lib ?)

yes

>- What are you compiling ? Cactus ? Your application ?

  typing ant to make the sample.

>- Is the Servlet API jar in your classpath ?

not sure now (i am trying java 1.3). i think it was when i was using jdk1.4

>- j2sdk ? What are you trying to test ?
>
>Your problem looks very much like an Ant issue but I need more details
>to help you.

i tried to build the sample project that came with cactus and ran into the
assertions using jdk 1.4, so i switched to the jdk 1.3. but 1.3 gave me a
no compliant jaxp, so i added it and then got the no javax.servlet.

it occurs to me that these jdk's are the standard jdk's. maybe i need the
j2ee jdk's?

thanks

---
ray tayek http://home.earthlink.net/~rtayek/