From Kaarle Kaila <kaarle.ka...@iki.fi>
Subject Re: Functional testing with container interaction
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2002 15:38:24 GMT
At 06:42 28.2.2002 -0800, you wrote:
>I have read in several places including this mailing
>list, that in order to do sequential testing of
>servlets one would have to use a functional testing
>framework such as httpunit. The problem that I have
>with that is that I also want to test the integration
>of my application with the container and not use an
>emulator as such frameworks do.

I hava also been wondering about this. Let's say
I have an EJB to do user administration tasks.

I guess the only way to write a test case for that is
to write a method like testUser() that

deletes testuser if it exists.
creates testuser
modifies testuser
deletes testuser

This can make the testcase rather big and complicated
and I would like to write them in separate methods but as I
understand that is not possible.

Kaarle

>The application that I would like to test is comprised
>of servlets that call other servlets. It consists of a
>series of registration forms and if the client
>registers successfully she gets redirected to a
>specific URL. The idea is to test this aforementioned
>process and compare the final URL to see if this
>process is working under certain given circumstances.
>
>Could you please tell me where I can find more
>information on the subject and if you know of any
>framework that would supply me with tools to develop
>such tests.
>
>Thanks in advance for your help.

Kaarle Kaila
http://www.iki.fi/kaila