From "Rauen, Jens Martin" <JensMartin.Ra...@otto.de>
Subject How to test stateless session beans which access entity beans
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2002 09:13:02 GMT
Is there an approach how to test stateless session beans which access entity
beans?
(e.g. for this reference example
http://java.sun.com/j2ee/tutorial/1_3-fcs/doc/Ebank.html)

My idea was to write a JNDILookup method, (e.g. "object JNDILookup(String
jndiname)") to get the home interface of the entity bean inside a session
bean. If I want to test this, I have to exchange this method, so it offers
me a mockobject which give me back a mocked entity home interface. (Good
idea, isn't it;))
But how to realize this for a stateless session bean? It could not be the
way to pass the JNDILookup Interface for every method call! It is not
possible to add another "ejbCreate" in stateless session beans...

Are there some other suggestions?

jens martin