From Florent Nisseron <florent.nisse...@softeam.fr>
Subject Cactus 1.3 and Log4j
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2002 08:08:57 GMT
   Hi,

Like few days ago, I have problem with cactus 1.3 when I want to use it
with Log4j.
JUnit throws the following errors for a test which works well without Log4j

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
(java.lang.RuntimePermission getClassLoader)
    at
java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:272)
    at
java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:399)
    at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:545)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.getParent(ClassLoader.java:692)
    at
org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractTestCaller.getTestClassInstance(AbstractTestCaller.java:290)
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

As you see, the error is thrown from
AbstractTestCaller.getTestClassInstance method in a part of code which
is only use in debug mode
( included in a block like this :
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<if(logger.isDebugEnabled()) <<<<<<<<<<<
)
The call to ClassLoader.getParent throws an AccesControlException.

The question is why ? Must I add something into my java.security or
java.policy ? Why ?

Florent