From Florent Nisseron <florent.nisse...@softeam.fr>
Subject Log4j
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2002 15:41:00 GMT
Hello,
I have some problems with Log4j and cactus
I use the cactus 1.3 release and finally, after many tries, I wonder
what is the release used by cactus for log4j ?

The log4j-xxx.jar found in cactus 1.3 has not the same size than the
log4jxxx.jar available onto log4j web site :
        - The log4j-xxx.jar file for log4j 1.1.3 is smaller and send a
NoClassFoundException for Logger class
        - The log4j-xxx.jar file for log4j 1.2beta is bigger and send a
no such method error in the BasicLog constructor

But in both case the log_xxx.properties are correcly parsed. However the
original log4jxxx.jar file provided with cactus 1.3 gives me the
following errors
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
log4j:ERROR A "org.apache.log4j.FileAppender" object is not assignable
to a "org.apache.log4j.Appender" variable.
log4j:ERROR Could not instantiate appender named "cactus".
log4j:ERROR A "org.apache.log4j.FileAppender" object is not assignable
to a "org.apache.log4j.Appender" variable.
log4j:ERROR Could not instantiate appender named "cactus".
(test.CurrencyConverterEJBTestSuite.context.Context).
The log_client.properties is attached to this mail

Any ideas onto the release of log4j used by cactus ?
Any ideas onto my problem ?
Does anybody use log4j with cactus on this list ?

Thanks for answers
Florent