From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject RE: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/cactus/ServletTestCase
Date Sat, 23 Feb 2002 11:41:11 GMT
Oh .... That's interesting. How strange ... ! If I understand you're
saying that the classloader hierarchy (parent on the left) is the
following for Jetty :

WEB-INF/classes CL --> WEB-INF/lib CL --> system CL

I have not seen any other container doing this (but then my knowledge is
limited !). That's indeed an issue ...

So, even if you put your ServletTestCase subclasses in WEB-INF/lib CL,
it is still a problem because these subclasses need to call your classes
under test, which are located under the WEB-INF/classes CL, no ?

The only solution I can see (if the above is true) is to expand the
cactus.jar into WEB-INF/classes ...

What do you think ? I think we may need to ask on the jetty mailing-list
how they would solve this issue ...

Thanks
-Vincent