From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject RE: any automated tesing tool
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2002 13:37:03 GMT
Hi,

What kind of tests do you want to perform : unit tests (white box
testing), functional tests (black box testing), system integration test,
load/stress testing ?

If the answer is automated unit tests, then the answer is to use Ant to
start automatically your unit tests. Now WRT the tools, if you're
testing plain java classes, you can use JUnit directly. If you're
testing J2EE components, you might want to look at Cactus which is an
extension of JUnit.

For functional unit tests, you can look at HttpUnit, also an extension
to JUnit.

You can check http://junit.org/extensions.htm for a list of all JUnit
extensions.

-Vincent