From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject RE: update from cactus 1.2 to cactus 1.3
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2002 18:37:07 GMT
Florent,

It seems to me that the error is in your web.xml. It looks as if the
mapping of the ServletRedirector servlet is wrong (maybe there is a
trailing "/" in your mapping - something that was in Cactus 1.2 but has
been rightly removed in Cactus 1.3).

WRT the migration guide, yes we could provide something. It would be :

Step 1 : Put aspectjrt.jar in both your client side and server side
classpaths

Step 2 : Modify your cactus.properties to the new format

For example:
cactus.contextURL = http://localhost:8000/cactus
cactus.servletRedirectorName = ServletRedirector

Step 3 : Ensure that cactus.servletRedirectorName does not end with a
"/" and that the mapping in web.xml is :

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>ServletRedirector</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/ServletRedirector</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

Thanks for the suggestion.

... Ok let's do it ... done ... It is now available on the web site at
http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/howto_migration.html

Cheers,
-Vincent

http://localhost:8000/cactus/ServletRedirector?Cactus_TestMethod=testCon
te

xtTestSequence1&Cactus_TestClass=test.CurrencyConverterEJBTestSuite.cont
ex