From Nitin Pingle <pingle_ni...@yahoo.com>
Subject stream corrupted exception
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2002 04:27:11 GMT
i am running a simple example and am not gettingto understand what the
error means
i checked up with the FAQ where it said :

A good way to check whether your requests are reaching a
          Cactus redirector is to manually enter in the URLs for all
          of the redirectors you use into the navigation bar of your
web-browser. If the URL yields a 500 error and you get a
          stack trace (in the log or along with your error page that)
          says Missing service name
          parameter [] in HTTP request. then that particular URL is
probably pointing to a valid
          server-side Cactus install

so i am getting the Missing service name thus indicating that my servlet
redirector is in th eright place

but i still i am gettingthe following error
in my tomcat 4 directory structure i hace in my WEB-INF
classes - containing my test class and server class
lib - where the cactus and junit jar are present

java.io.StreamCorruptedException: InputStream does not contain a
serialized object
    at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readStreamHeader(ObjectInputStream.java:849)
    at java.io.ObjectInputStream.<init>(ObjectInputStream.java:168)
    at
org.apache.cactus.client.AbstractHttpClient.doTest(AbstractHttpClient.java:148)
    at
org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestCase.runGenericTest(AbstractTestCase.java:422)
    at org.apache.cactus.ServletTestCase.runTest(ServletTestCase.java:130)
    at org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestCase.runBare(AbstractTestCase.java:371)

please help