From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject RE: Writing to HttpServletRequest
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2002 07:24:58 GMT
Will,

Here is an example (from the sample application unit tests) :

    /**
     * Verify that we can send arbitrary data in the request body.
     *
     * @param theRequest the request object that serves to initialize
the
     *                   HTTP connection to the server redirector.
     */
    public void beginSendUserData(WebRequest theRequest)
    {
        ByteArrayInputStream bais = new ByteArrayInputStream(
            "<data>some data to send in the body</data>".getBytes());

        theRequest.setUserData(bais);
        theRequest.setContentType("text/xml");
    }

    /**
     * Verify that we can send arbitrary data in the request body.
     */
    public void testSendUserData() throws Exception
    {
        String buffer;
        StringBuffer body = new StringBuffer();

        BufferedReader reader = request.getReader();
        while ((buffer = reader.readLine()) != null) {
            body.append(buffer);
        }

        assertEquals("<data>some data to send in the body</data>",
            body.toString());
        assertEquals("text/xml", request.getContentType());
    }

You can replace getReader() by getInputStream().

Hope it helps
-Vincent