From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject RE: Best way to run Cactus in an IDE (WAS RE: Using Cactus to test EJB deployed to Weblogic6.1)
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2002 23:07:10 GMT
Sean,

That's cool, thanks ! :-)
Yes, please submit it to this list. However, can you submit it :
- either in XML format as attached (all our docs are generated from XML
to which we apply a stylesheet),
- or in plain text (no formatting) as I will then take you doc and
transform it to XML.

Thanks
-Vincent

Should
> submit it to this mailing list?  Does the mailing list take word
> attachment?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sean

JBuilder).

> > Thanks again,
> >
> > Sean

myproject/output/config/mydomain/applications/mywebapp/WEB-INF/classes

> > 3/ Ensure that you have the cactus redirectors defined in web.xml
> >
> > 4/ Copy cactus.properties to

myproject/output/config/mydomain/applications/mywebapp/WEB-INF/classes

> > 5/ Ensure that you have cactus.jar, junit.jar,
commons-httpclient.jar
> > (and optionally log4j.jar) in
> > myproject/output/config/mydomain/applications/mywebapp/WEB-INF/lib
> >
> > 6/ Create an entry in your IDE to start weblogic, using the
following
> > parameters :
> >
> > class name : weblogic.Server
> > class path : weblogic_sp.jar (if it exists) and weblogic.jar
> > jvm arguments :
> >
> > "-hotspot"
> > "-ms64m"
> > "-mx64m"
> > "-Djava.library.path=<bea home>/wlserver6.1/bin"
> > "-Dweblogic.RootDirectory=myproject/output"
> > "-Dweblogic.Domain=mydomain"
> > "-Dweblogic.Name=testserver" (name defined in your WL config.xml
file)
> > "-Dbea.home=<bea home>"
> > "-Dweblogic.management.password=<your password>"
> > "-Djava.security.policy==./lib/weblogic.policy"
> >
> > B- Running a test
> > ------------------
> >
> > 1/ Start weblogic from the defined entry above (in step A-6). You
only
> > need to do this once and do not need to repeat it for each test.
> > Modified classes should be reloaded automatically. If your IDE does
> not
> > support this, you may have to start weblogic manually beforehand,
> using
> > a script for example.
> >
> > *WARNING* : Make sure that your IDE does not prepend your output
> classes
> > directory to the classpath being used to start weblogic. Otherwisem
> your
> > classes will be loaded using the system classloader and won't be
> > reloadable, which means you would have to repeat this step for each
> test
> > run.
> >
> > 2/ Choose a test case class with a main method and run it. Normally
> your
> > IDE will prepend to the classpath the output classes directory.
> Normally
> > you would also have included the cactus.jar, junit.jar,
> > commons-httpclient.jar  in your project classpath (to compile the
> > project), thus they would also be added. As you put
cactus.properties
> in
> > WEB-INF/classes (i.e. in your class output directory) the client
part
> of
> > cactus will find it. Configure cactus.properties to point to
> > http://localhost:<port used in
config.xml>/mywebapp/ServletRedirector

> > 3/ Try modifying the test class or a class under test and rerun it
> > without stopping weblogic. The changes should be picked up.
> >
> > C- Conclusion
> >
> > I'm writing this from memory so I may be forgetting stuff. Tell me
if
> it
> > works. I'll try it when I have some time ... If you tell me it
works,
> > I'll put these instructions on the cactus web site.
> >
> > Thanks
> > -Vincent

Weblogic to