From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject RE: "ClassCastException" in Cactus integrated into WSAD
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2002 12:05:11 GMT
Sheldon,

Here is how it works : The Redirector, which is located in one WAR needs
to dynamically load your test class. Thus if you move the test classes
in another war it will fail with the error message you're getting. All
classes under test + test classes + cactus settings must be in the same
WAR.

However, if you're using Ant you can define several targets to package
your application :

-        one for testing

-        one for production

-Vincent

-----Original Message-----
From: Sheldon Fernandes [mailto:sheldon.fernandes@patni.com]
Sent: 14 January 2002 10:35
To: vmassol@octo.com; cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: "ClassCastException" in Cactus integrated into WSAD

Hi,

I have integrated Cactus into WSAD by creating a web project containing
the Redirectors. The project also contains all the sample tests, which
are run through "TestAll.java". These tests run sucessfully.

Now, if I move the test cases into another project (i.e. another war
file, different from the one containing the redirectors) and try to run
them, I get a ClassCastException. The following is an extract from the
cactus_server.log generated by log4j.

15:37:33,363 [Servlet.Engine.Transports:9] DEBUG
server.AbstractTestCaller       -
>getTestClassClass([org.apache.cactus.sample.TestSampleServlet])
15:37:33,363 [Servlet.Engine.Transports:9] DEBUG
server.AbstractTestCaller       - <getTestClassClass
15:37:33,724 [Servlet.Engine.Transports:9] ERROR
server.AbstractTestCaller       - Error instanciating class
[org.apache.cactus.sample.TestSampleServlet(testPostMethod)]
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.cactus.sample.TestSampleServlet

 at
org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractTestCaller.getTestClassInstance(Abstrac
tTestCaller.java:305)
 at
org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractTestCaller.doTest(AbstractTestCaller.ja
va:130)
 at
org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractTestController.handleRequest(AbstractTe
stController.java:122)
 at
org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.doPost(ServletTestRedirec
tor.java:134)
 at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictServletInstance.doService(ServletMan
ager.java:827)
 at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet._service(StrictLife
cycleServlet.java:159)
 at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.IdleServletState.service(StrictLifecycleSe
rvlet.java:286)
 at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet.service(StrictLifec
ycleServlet.java:106)
 at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ServletInstance.service(ServletManager.jav
a:472)
 at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ValidServletReferenceState.dispatch(Servle
tManager.java:1012)
 at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ServletInstanceReference.dispatch(ServletM
anager.java:913)
 at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.handleWebAppDispat
ch(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:499)
 at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.dispatch(WebAppReq
uestDispatcher.java:278)
 at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.forward(WebAppRequ
estDispatcher.java:105)
 at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srt.WebAppInvoker.doForward(WebAppInvoker.java:67
)
 at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srt.WebAppInvoker.handleInvocationHook(WebAppInvo
ker.java:123)
 at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.invocation.CachedInvocation.handleInvocation(Cach
edInvocation.java:67)
 at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.invocation.CacheableInvocationContext.invoke(Cach
eableInvocationContext.java:106)
 at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srp.ServletRequestProcessor.dispatchByURI(Servlet
RequestProcessor.java:125)
 at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.OSEListenerDispatcher.service(OSEList
ener.java:315)
 at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.http11.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnectio
n.java:60)
 at
com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.readAndHandleRequest(HttpConnection.java:
313)
 at com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.run(HttpConnection.java:242)
 at com.ibm.ws.util.CachedThread.run(ThreadPool.java:122)

The lib folders of both projects contain the same files i.e. cactus.jar,
httpclient.jar, junit.jar and log4j.jar

and both projects have the same build path settings (i.e. client side
classpath is the same). I have also updated the server-side classpath so
that the redirector can locate the testcases.

What could be the problem? Can't I put my test cases and redirectors in
differrent war files?

Thanks,

Sheldon