From KenRuss...@spektra.co.uk
Subject 500 error after accessing WebRequest object
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2001 18:29:24 GMT
Wondering if anyone can help me...
I set up a cactus test (testInit) which ran succesfully to conclusion with
empty method bodies on beginInit, testInit endInit.
I then tried setting a header value in beginInit, using the WebRequest
object. The header was set correctly (I checked this by reading the
headers back from the WebRequest object, immediately after setting) but
the test then threw the following error:

test.uk.co.spektra.ofs.runtime.TestCactusOrigoHTTPInput constructor
.beginInit
Time: 0.862
There was 1 error:
1) testInit(test.uk.co.spektra.ofs.runtime.TestCactusOrigoHTTPInput)
java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: http://localhost:8080/ServletRedirector/
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:564)
        at
org.apache.cactus.client.AutoReadHttpURLConnection.getInputStream(AutoReadHttpURLConnection.java:127)
        at
org.apache.cactus.client.AbstractHttpClient.doTest(AbstractHttpClient.java:136)
        at
org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestCase.runGenericTest(AbstractTestCase.java:422)
        at
org.apache.cactus.ServletTestCase.runTest(ServletTestCase.java:130)
        at
org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestCase.runBare(AbstractTestCase.java:371)
        at
test.uk.co.spektra.ofs.runtime.LocalTestPackage.main(LocalTestPackage.java:27)

FAILURES!!!
Tests run: 1,  Failures: 0,  Errors: 1

This error appears to get thrown when I start trying to access the
WebRequest method.
Having looked at the archives, I see references to 500 errors, but not
exactly the same situation.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Ken