From "Sivalingam Sivasuthan" <sivasut...@jkcs.slt.lk>
Subject RE: Problem I Calling the Servlet
Date Mon, 31 Dec 2001 04:37:00 GMT

Vincent,
Thanks for your response.
I didn't change any of the Sample application except build.properties and
Cactus.properties without changing the Cactus.properties (
http://localhost:7001/test/ServletRedirector)
My Weblogic Server is running on the port 7001 and the client is using the
default 8080 port.
But Still I am getting the same Error.
 I didn't understand how the sample applications TestAll  class will call
the ConverterTest without adding
suite.addTest(org.apache.cactus.sample.ejb.ConverterTest.suite()) to it?
Please help me to findout where I am making the mistake.

-Siva

                    "Vincent

                    Massol"              To:     "'Sivalingam Sivasuthan'"

                    <vmassol@octo.        <sivasuthan@jkcs.slt.lk>

                    com>                 cc:

                                         Subject:     RE: Problem I Calling the Servlet

                    12/28/2001

                    06:12 PM

It probably means what it says ... :-)

It also means that you have modified the base sample application. I
would suggest you use it as is (i.e. with no modifications whatsoever,
except to build.properties). It will work as is with no problem. Then
you can learn from it and understand how it works. Then only, you can
start to adapt it to your project and needs ...

There are too many things that you could have configured wrong to help
you at this point, which is why I am recommending to run the sample
application as is.

Thanks
-Vincent

cactus.servletRedirectorURL
>    http://localhost:7001/test/ServletRedirector)
>    and also configured all the properties of the build.properties file
>
>    when I run the ant I am gettin the build failed like this
> tests:
>     [junit] Running org.apache.cactus.TestAll
>     [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 12.937
sec
>     [junit] Testsuite: org.apache.cactus.TestAll
>     [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 12.937
sec
>     [junit]
>     [junit] Testcase: testLongProcess took 12.937 sec
>     [junit]     Caused an ERROR
>     [junit] Error finding class
> [org.apache.cactus.sample.unit.TestServletTestCase_TestResult] in
> classpath. If you are getting this message Cactus may not be able to
see
> your test cases.
>     [junit]  Possible causes include:
>     [junit]     - Your webapp may not include your test classes,
>     [junit]     - The cactus.jar resides in a global location and your
> test
> classes reside in a specific webapp,
>     [junit]     - Something else ... !
>     [junit] javax.servlet.ServletException: Error finding class
> [org.apache.cactus.sample.unit.TestServletTestCase_TestResult] in
> classpath. If you are getting this message Cactus may not be able to
see
> your test cases.
>     [junit]  Possible causes include:
>     [junit]     - Your webapp may not include your test classes,
>     [junit]     - The cactus.jar resides in a global location and your
> test
> classes reside in a specific webapp,
>     [junit]     - Something else ... !
>     [junit]     at

org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractTestCaller.getTestClassClass(AbstractTe
st
> Call
> er.java:339)
>
> is there anythink else to be done othere than changing the
> cactus.properties file
> to test my EJB.
>
> -Siva

Te
> stController.
>
> > java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.java(1k):179)
> >         at
>
>org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractTestController.handleRequest$ajcPostAr
ou
> nd7(AbstractT

estController.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.java(1k):112)
> >         at
>
>org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractTestController.handleRequest$ajcPostAr
ou
> nd7$ajcVoidWr

apper(AbstractTestController.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.j
> ava(1k))
> >         at
>
>org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractTestController.handleRequest(AbstractT
es
> tController.j
>
> > ava;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.java(1k):1135)
> >         at
>
>org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.doPost$ajcPostAround10(S
er
> vletTestRedir
>
> > ector.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.java(1k):131)
> >         at
>
>org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.doPost$ajcPostAround10$a
jc
> VoidWrapper(S

ervletTestRedirector.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.java(1k))
> >         at
>
>org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.doPost(ServletTestRedire
ct
> or.java;org/a
>
> > pache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.java(1k):1135)
> >         at

org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.doGet$ajcPostAround6(Serv
> le
> > tTestRedirec
> > tor.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.java(1k):105)
> >         at

org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.doGet$ajcPostAround6$ajcV
> oi
> > dWrapper(Ser

vletTestRedirector.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.java(1k))
> >         at

org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.doGet(ServletTestRedirect
> or
> > .java;org/ap
> > ache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.java(1k):1135)
> >         at
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
> >         at
> >         at

weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.
> ja
> > va:265)
> >         at

weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.
> ja
> > va:200)
> >         at

weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServl
> et
> > Context.java
> > :2456)
> >         at

weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.